Thursday, January 6, 2011

The wonderful journey of pregnancy so far

Happy 2011!!

It has definitely been a great year for myself in 2010, where I experienced the two major events of my life: Marriage and getting pregnant. This year will be an even greater year for both myself and Nic as we will be welcoming the arrival of our little bundle of joy (Princess) into our family. We are definitely looking forward to the coming of that day... although for myself, its definitely a mixture of feelings, scared and happy at the same time.
Anyway, since it has been awhile from my previous post, I have got plenty to write this time, mainly on the journey of my past 28 weeks of pregnancy.

First trimester:
My pregnancy was not a smooth sailing one to begin with. During the first trimester, I experienced several times of spotting and hence was give a month of MC to rest at home. But thankfully, baby and I managed to tide through this difficult period. It was definitely torturous to stay at home and in bed for the whole 1 month, but for the sake of my baby, I am willing to go through anything (i guess that explains the power of a mother's love).

Because of the spotting, I was asked to see the doctor every week during the first trimester. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise, as being so, we are able to see our little one every week.

Here's a few scans and a video of our little princess till she is 12 weeks old:

(Baby @ week 5)

(Baby @ 5 and 6 weeks - left to right)

(Baby @ 7 and 8 week - left to right)

(Baby @ week 9 and10 - left to right)

(Video of a scan when baby is 12 weeks old)


Second trimester:

The second trimester went past smoothly. Everything went well and because it happened during the peak period of my work, I didn't really do much during those 12 weeks except working. And because its already the second trimester, we only visited the doctor once a month. We also did a detailed scan when baby was 20 weeks old. Results were positive. During my 24th week visit, doctor noticed that the baby was a little underweight (based on the estimation of the tummy size) and hence she told me to eat more carbo and meat. But nothing worrying since baby is actively moving inside me.

Here's somemore scans and video of our little princess till she is 28 weeks old:


(Baby @ 12 and 16 weeks - left to right)


(Baby @ 24 and 28 weeks - left to right)

Currently, I am in my third trimester. Been feeling her movements inside me alot, especially in the morning and and night. She probably sleeps during the day. Hopefully she won't become a night owl after she is born. :) Feeling her movements is the best part of the pregnancy, as this is when we know and can tell that she is healthy and active. So really thank God for this wonderful gift and for keeping her safe and sound all these while.

The next thing to look forward to will be the labour day itself. Although I have been watching many shows and hearing alot of stories about delivery, but I suppose nothing will be as real as experiencing it myself. And since young, I have always wanted to find out the level of pain the labour provides, therefore I am opting for natural delivery without epidural. I have always thought that I have a high level of threshold for pain, so let's see if its true. But I have been telling myself that as long as the baby is alright (i.e. not jeapordising the safety of the baby), I will strive to endure all the way. Anyway, will leave everything to God and pray for his blessing during the L-day itself.

Oh, forget to mention, we have also thought of a name for our little princess. Her name shall be Aleisha Lee Ya Qi. :))

We love her so much!


No comments: